It Feels Like Home To Me



Our gorgeous view this fine January evening!

The past six months have flown by in a whirlwind of fun and fury. When I finally sat down long enough to think about all of the travel I’ve done the past half a year, it finally became clear to me why I’ve felt so busy lately...since August 2011 I’ve logged the following air miles (for both work and our own adventures):

 

 
  • 1.       Brisbane to Cairns
  • 2.       Cairns to Tabubil, PNG
  • 3.       Tabubil to Cairns
  • 4.       Cairns to Brisbane
  • 5.       BNE to Sydney
  • 6.       Sydney to Vancouver
  • 7.       Vancouver to Sydney
  • 8.       Sydney to Brisbane
  • 9.       Brisbane to Sydney
  • 10.   Sydney to Melbourne
  • 11.   Melbourne to Brisbane
  • 12.   Brisbane to Singapore
  • 13.   Singapore to Phuket
  • 14.   Phuket to Koh Samui
  • 15.   Surat Thani to Bangkok
  • 16.   Bangkok to Hanoi
  • 17.   Hanoi to Kuala Lampur
  • 18.   Kuala Lampur to Kuching
  • 19.   Kuching to Singapore
  • 20.   Singapore to Brisbane
  • 21.   Brisbane to Prosperpine, Witsundays
  • 22.   Prosperpine to Brisbane


Wheew! Some trivial fun facts: (I cant deny my inner nerd the urge to crunch numbers!)

1. That’s a total of 22 Flights in 180 days, which averages to a flight every 8.2 Days.
2. Thats a grand total of 55,322 kms...which is equivalent to flying once around the world (40,074 kms is the distance around the equator according to Wikianswers) and then onwards from Brissy to Toronto!!


It makes me a wee bit exhausted just thinking about it...and while Dave & I are always so so very grateful for the opportunity to travel, it is always divine to be back in the comforts of home at the Regis. Having my sista here made it all the more reassuring that we are right where we need to be, just relaxing (after a fun GNO!) watching the sun set over the city we've fallen in love with.

xo Tegs


Share:

1 comments

Featured Post

Jamaican Me Crazy