Bermuda, Bahama...C’mon Pretty Mama!

You guys! I cannot believe that we are in the air floating above the clouds on route to Bermuda right now to celebrate as a family of 2.5!
It’s so surreal to me, these past twenty weeks have been magical but I’ve never felt time fly by so quickly. It feels like only twenty days ago that we found out we would soon be mama and papa to our miraculous little bundle of love. I’m feeling so happy and fulfilled at the halfway mark. I have to say, I’m in love with pregnancy and all of the wonder that is happening inside of me. I have this new found love for my body and for what we as women are capable of. Baby has been really kind to me so far, and so away we go to show Him or Her the ropes of what is to come in their little life with two globe wandering parents.

 
We ended up choosing the beautiful island of Bermuda as our Babymoon destination, not only because of what it has to offer (think bright blue Caribbean waters, pink sand beaches, and friendly locals) but most importantly, at least for us right now, we chose it for what it doesn't have: the zika virus. And let me tell ya, there weren't a ton of zika-free options for sun-filled tropical destinations in December that weren't too far away from North America. Added bonus - Bermuda is just a quick little two and a half  hour hop via WestJet from Toronto. Perfection.
 
I may or may not have nervously googled "Bermuda Triangle" once or twice just to see if there had been any recent activity, but in the end we were glad that we banked on this place because I'm not sure it would have passed our radar otherwise, and now it holds such a special place in our hearts! Who knew?!
 
I think little squish loved being in the ocean!
 


We landed on this little slice of paradise on Sunday evening and grabbed a quick taxi to our resort at Coco Reef, a quaint little place overlooking the ocean at Elbow Beach. We picked this place in particular because we wanted to be staying right on the beach and we were looking for something a little more personal than some of the huge resorts have to offer. It was a perfect fit for us. Not to mention that travelling in the “off season” means you are almost guaranteed the place to yourself. So if you dig all the feels of renting out an entire villa privately without forking out the maj coin, then now is the time to getaway! And naturally we took advantage of the sitch.
  

 

We spent one of our days just beach bumming right in front of the resort. Our only agenda on this trip was to get some major rest & relaxation. And so that’s pretty much what we did.
The beach sand is so soft and clean! Bermuda is known for their pink sand beaches. At Elbow Beach the sand only reflected that pink hue during sunset, and it was gorgeous. The waters are 50 shades of blue and so clean. #sunsoutbumpsout.
 
 
 
 Every morning the sunrise would greet us through the balcony window and it was so beautiful that I would get up and watch it each morning from the deck.
I’ve promised myself I'll get better at documenting this special time in our lives, so if your digging some gushy, proud new-mommy-to-be kind of posts, I’ll be sharing more of our Bermuda babymoon while we are here soaking it all in. Next up is the adventures beyond the Coco Reef!
 
Xo Tegs & Babe

Share:

0 comments

Featured Post

Jamaican Me Crazy