Temple By The Sea

I hope that all my lovelies in Canada had a fabulous long weekend, Davey & I celebrated from afar.
This post closes out the Bali trilogy and these pictures are from our final hours on the island. Watching the sun set over temples by the sea was nothing short of stunning. A perfect end to an Indonesian fling.

 
 
 

These fluff balls look completely cute and innocent but don't be fooled. They are so skittish and sketchy and probably a whole lot smarter than we are...I was beyond terrified. Can you say Wizard of Oz?! I digress.
 
 
 



We were just thankful to be alive in this moment (as we are in every moment I should add) because I wasn’t exactly certain we were going to arrive at Uluwatu during the drive there. Putra had promised to take us to the temple by the sea for a breathtaking sunset, but we had squeezed in the Tanah Lot temples earlier in the day and had a big drive ahead of us to get there. The closer the sun got to the horizon, the closer Putra’s pedal was to the medal. Swerving around cars on these winding little dirt roads that are not even wide enough for 2 cars, needless to say I was sweating for more reasons than just the humidity. I tried to hold my breath but finally I made Dave ask him to take it down a notch...

Us: It's OK if we don’t get there before the sun is gone Putra, we don’t mind (aka: I just want to arrive in once peice no matter where the big burning ball of fire is in the sky!) But Putra couldn’t smell the fear in the back seat, due to the overwhlming stench of BO.

Putra: "Dont worry Mr. Dave, I get you there before sun down".

And true to his words we arrived to this.




 





In the end Putra totally redeemed himself when he took us to a gorgeous seafood dinner on the beach of Jimbaran Bay where we were serenaded right at the table by this sweet mariachi band! I think its suffice to say we loved this place.


xo Tegs


Share:

0 comments

Featured Post

Jamaican Me Crazy