Papua New Guinea and Me!

 
Now THIS is what I am going to be missing everyday for the next three long weeks of my life! I love this guy!

This weekend Davers and I decided to just chill in the sunshine all day at the gorgeous Roma St. Parklands. The flowers are in full bloom and this beautiful oasis is basically our back yard...right in the middle of the city, you can escape from it all. It was the perfect way to enjoy each others company before we endure almost a month apart :(


The time apart is especially hard for me right now because this weekend, for the first time, we wont be together for our anniversary. Eight amazingly fabulous years together, I am so lucky to share all of my dreams and adventures everyday with my very best friend and the love of my life!

I took some time out of the day to take a few lovey dovey snaps in ode to our time together, and how far we have come.

 
On Wednesday I will depart for Papua New Guinea to work out in the jungle for a three week field rotation. That means 10 hours a day for 21 days straight, my friends! I am totally stoked to get out of the office and out to site. I will be heading to the Western province of PNG and can expect to be hot hot hot in the tropical heat! It will be an amazing opportunity to learn hands-on and to realistically put into perspective the calculations and number crunching that I do on a daily basis!  I will be staying at a mine camp near Tabubil, and I know the experience is going to be one I won’t forget. Plus, I keep telling myself I can survive three weeks of anything I put my mind to! I’m really positive and grateful for this opportunity.


Tomorrow I will finish packing up my work clothes and comfort items, but I feel set to go now that Dave has treated me to an enthusistic "work clothing" shopping spree (not to be confused with a regular "fun" shopping spree - big difference!!). Wicking T's, pants that are light and airy, and uber fast to dry when the rain eventually stops, solid work boots (scuffed up so they don't look too new) and special bamboo socks so my tootsies can still breathe in there...Dave has me covered and it makes me feel more comfortable knowing he hasn't missed a beat in helping me to sort out my gear.

As they often say, distance makes the heart grow fonder, and I know that this is true. Of course I am going to miss that handsome smile that greets me each and every day. But when I get back we plan to enjoy some time off seeing more of this remarkable country we are calling home for another year!

 

 It’s hard to believe that we have officially reached the one year anniversary marking our gigantic move across the pond to Brisbane. This year has been a whirlwind of crazy, busy, beautiful life in Oz! I am slightly saddened to think that the time we have left in Oz is less than the time we have been here, because there are so many wonderful memories that we have built here in our mini family of two.


 I will be away from the blog for now until I get back in mid August. Leave me a comment as I may be able to read them from site. I will report back on my field experience soon my friends! In the mean time, hug your lovelies and appreciate the little moments! Chat soon.


 
Xo Tegs

Share:

1 comments

Featured Post

Jamaican Me Crazy