For The Love of All Things Kiwi

 
I can barely contain my excitement for Easter holidays, which will start in only 3 more days!!
This week Dave and I are jet setting to New Zealand in search of adventure. Another new country to add to our incredible journey and I’ve already packed my bag...yes, that is not a typo!! Just one single bag, carry-on size (however I have a hard time believing it will pass as carry on size, but we shall see on Friday). We are flying into Wellington which is on the southern tip of the North Island, and staying at the ritzy Mercure Hotel. Apparently it’s right in the trendy part of the city as I’ve been asking my friend Gretch, whom I work with, all about her hometown for days now. We will be right near Cuba St which is the heart of the city and the hub of all things fabulous like delish cafes, coffee shops and a short walk to New Zealand’s national Te Papa Museum! Can’t wait to take in all the culture that is Kiwi! Since we are now into Autumn, the temps have dropped and there has even been some light snowfalls there recently. I never thought I would ever say these words, but Dave and I are actually looking forward to a season change! If that means snow, we’ll take what we can get! (I know all of my Canadian friends and family are shivering at the thought!)
 
We will then hop the Ferry to the South Island and pick up our car on the other side, in Picton. From there it’s just me, my love, and the open road ahead. We’ve folded a few pages in the old Lonely Planet Guide, but we are simply looking forward to seeing where each day takes us between Picton and our departure destination, Christchurch.
 

I've been dabbling more and more with photography lately so I am thinking I would like to use this blog space to post some recent work. I don’t have much yet, but I will use our NZ expedition as a chance to capture the culture and beauty of another new country. I will be sure to post all about it when we get back, so check back here for more soon!

Share:

2 comments

Featured Post

Jamaican Me Crazy